Not everyone has the luxury of a spacious double garage for their cars. Many homeowners are left with small spaces, leaving them with the challenge of manoeuvring their cars in and out without knocking over bikes, tools, boxes, and other items they’ve stored in this space. So, how do you manoeuvre into the garage without knocking things over when you’ve got a tight space to work with? Well, you need to get creative:
Tips to make home garage parking easier and safer:
- One option to help maximise your garage space is to install shelves or cabinets along the walls. This can help free up floor space and keep items organised and easily accessible. Additionally, installing hooks or pegboards can be a great way to store items such as bicycles, ladders, and garden tools. If you don’t have the space, make the space.
- Have a mark on the wall where to line your side mirror up to so that you know exactly where to stop every single time. This is a great solution assuming you’re not going to add more items to your garage over time. If you do, readjust the line.
- Many people use a ball suspended from a thread linked to the ceiling. When the ball reaches the windshield, you know when to stop your car. This is a simple yet effective solution that doesn’t require much effort or expense.
- Car stoppers for garages are another excellent way to ensure you park your car safely every time. They are designed to let you know when you’ve reached the limit of how far to drive your car, and they come with reflectors making them easy to see even when your car isn’t in the garage. This option removes the guesswork for you and helps prevent any accidental damage to your vehicle.
If you’re new to parking in a small garage or a nervous driver, take it easy and ask someone to guide you in. While it’s not always practical to have someone assist you, using visual aids such as car stoppers or hanging balls will give you peace of mind when parking your car.
Remember, a little creativity goes a long way in maximising your garage space and ensuring your car remains in good condition. By implementing these simple yet effective solutions, you can park your car safely and with confidence, even in the tightest of spaces.
Introducing the Rumble Bar Parking Guides:
These car stoppers for the garage protect your car and the wall from damage. They’re also:
- Quick and simple to install with both fixings and glue included in the kit.
- Highly visual with reflectors. This means they are easy to see when you enter your garage and you won’t trip over them when the garage is empty.
- Made from durable recycled rubber
- Perfect for Cars, boats, caravans and trailers. Use as Wheel Stops or Wheel Chocks.
Partnering With The Road Safety Professionals
At Speed Humps Australia, we’ve spent twenty years focusing on one thing: to provide one style of product, and to do it exceptionally well. We have worked tirelessly to develop specifications that do not fade or deteriorate, are easy to install, and are made from high-quality, recycled rubber for minimal environmental impact.
With just a handful of our clients around the nation including KFC, Taco Bell, McDonalds and numerous local governments and mining operations, our rumble bars, speed humps and wheel stops have been purposefully designed to truly go the distance.
As our design and production is all handled in house and supplied Australia wide, get in touch with us today to request a quote or discuss how we can help with providing a tailored solution to your unique project requirements.