The installation of a standard length Speed Hump is a Quick and Simple process that can easily be performed by anyone with a little common sense and the right equipment. Alternatively Speed Humps Australia can arrange for one of our qualified installers to complete the installation for you. We are also available to provide a FREE, NO OBLIGATION, on-site quotation for your requirements.
Included in this post is a short 3 minute Installation Video for your reference, followed by a more detailed outline of the 8 Simple Steps to Install a Speed Hump in less than 30 Minutes and all the suggested equipment required for a simple, hassle free installation.
Should you have any questions or require any further details please give us a call on 1300 138 568.
8 Quick and Simple Steps to Install a Speed Hump in less than 30 Minutes!
- Arrive on site, check your surroundings and unload and unpack the Speed Humps.
- Locate all installation fixing bolts and washers supplied with the product.
- Dispose of rubbish and ensure site is clean and free of obstacles.
- Place Speed Humps in location to be installed and using tape measure correctly position the Speed Humps.
- Using the guide holes in the Speed Hump, drill through the hump using a 12 mm diameter concrete drill bit.
- Run drill up and down the completed hole to ensure the hole is clean and of the correct depth.
- Blow all residue dust from holes using air compressor and dust blower attachment.
- Drive supplied fixings, with washers, into clean holes using a mini sledgehammer. Be sure to drive in fixings straight.
- Hammer fixings to a point where the washer sits firm, but not tight, onto the heavy duty rubber seat in the counter sunk Speed Hump fixing hole.
- Use punch to firm fixings and washer onto heavy duty counter sunk rubber seat.
- Clean dust from the Speed Hump and surrounding installation site.
- Final clean and presentation of the Speed Hump using a simple tyre shine and a rag.
- Personal Protection Equipment including, Steel Cap Boots, Hi-Vis Shirt or Vest, Dust Mask, Ear Muffs and Protective Eye Wear
- Tape Measure
- Concrete/Rotary Hammer Drill
- 12mm Diameter Concrete Drill Bit
- Liquid Adhesive, either Hilti or the cheaper No More Nails will suffice
- Generator for Power Source
- Power Cord Extension
- Air Compressor and Dust Blower attachment
- Mini Sledgehammer
- Bolt Punch
- Broom, Dust Pan and Brush
- Cleaning Rags and Tyre Shine