Rumble Bars offer a two-fold approach, incorporating both visual and audible warnings to discourage vehicles from entering restricted zones or exceeding speed limits.
The strategic placement of Rumble Bars in high-risk areas has shown remarkable results in reducing accidents, traffic violations, and overall road hazards.
Rumble Bars have consistently demonstrated their ability to effectively alert drivers and deter them from accessing restricted or problematic areas. Their dual functionality of providing both visual and audible warnings ensures that drivers are immediately made aware of potential risks, prompting them to exercise caution and adhere to road regulations.
What are the different uses for Rumble Bars?
Rumble Bars are quite versatile, allowing for various safety applications:
- Fast Food Drive Thru Lane: The 300mm yellow Rumble Bars serve as protective measures, strategically placed along the inside of the drive-thru lane kerbs at both ordering and collecting windows. Their purpose is to create a barrier between the cars and the curb, effectively safeguarding the wheels from any potential damage or gutter rash. Additionally, they play a crucial role in preserving the integrity of the building and surrounding property.
- Fundamentally Stable Parking Bays: Mining operations place an unwavering focus on safety, especially when it comes to their car parking areas. To ensure the prevention of accidents due to parking brake failure or negligence, they employ 600mm yellow Rumble Bars. These bars are strategically positioned to secure the wheels of heavy vehicles effectively. When vehicles reverse into their parking spots, they align against a wheel stop, which effectively positions the rear wheels between the wheel stop and the Rumble Bars. This setup acts as a reliable safeguard, preventing any accidental rolling of the vehicle and providing peace of mind to the mining operation personnel.
- Enhancing traffic control: Rumble Bars are great for managing traffic flow effectively. Strategically placed along roadways, they provide visual and tactile cues to drivers, prompting them to slow down or adhere to specific speed limits, thereby contributing to overall road safety.
- Garage wheel stops: In parking areas and garages, Rumble Bars act as reliable wheel stops, preventing vehicles from overshooting designated parking spaces. They allow cars to come to a gentle stop without damage to the car or surrounding obstacles.
- Bike lane separators: Rumble Bars play a vital role in promoting safer cycling environments. They provide a clear physical boundary between bike lanes and car lanes, safeguarding cyclists from emerging onto car lanes and preventing any collisions.
- Lane delineators: Rumble Bars work well as lane delineators, guiding drivers along well-defined paths. They work well to help reduce lane drifting and reduce the risk of accidents caused by sudden lane changes.
- Hazard markers and traffic separators: When employed as hazard markers, Rumble Bars effectively draw attention to potential dangers or obstacles on the road, ensuring that drivers proceed with caution. They also serve as traffic separators in construction zones, guiding vehicles along designated routes safely.
What is the difference between Rumble Bars and Rumble Strips?
Rumble Bars and Rumble Strips, despite their similar names, serve different purposes. Rumble strips act as reminders rather than physical deterrents, creating noise and vibration when a vehicle’s tires make contact, and alerting drivers to changes in the roadway. Typically found on highways and merging lanes, they offer a cost-effective means of reducing road crashes compared to pricier alternatives like crash walls and guard rails. However, they have limitations and cannot physically prevent unauthorised entry into restricted areas.
On the other hand, Rumble Bars differ in appearance, being thicker and having a higher profile than traditional rumble strips. They come in various shapes and sizes, with rubber Rumble Bars, also known as pavement bars, commonly used on road centrelines or shoulders to warn drivers when they deviate from their course. Just like rumble strips, rumble bars prove highly effective in calming traffic and enhancing road safety. As they gain popularity, rumble bars find applications beyond roads, becoming valuable safety tools in spaces such as car parks, drive-thru restaurants, and garages. They also serve as lane dividers, delineators, merging lane guides, and buffers protecting cars against gutter rash.
How Speed Humps have successfully used Rumble Bars
At Speed Humps, our commitment to safety and strong partnerships is paramount. We take pride in being the designated supplier for all New Builds and refurbishments of renowned establishments like McDonald’s, Guzman y Gomez, KFC, and Taco Bell. Furthermore, we have been trusted suppliers to major mining operations such as Rio Tinto and BHP for numerous years. Our products reach across Australia, from QLD to WA, serving various clients directly and through their suppliers and contractors.
Notably, our 2.7m standard Speed Humps have a rich history, originally being used for Fundamentally Stable Parking bays many years ago. The mining operations favoured our Speed Hump product due to its exceptional durability and unique design, consisting of just 2 x 1.35m pieces. This configuration provided unparalleled strength and stability, setting it apart from other speed humps available in smaller 500mm or 250mm sections.
We innovatively proposed the use of our 600mm Rumble Bars to the mining operations, as they proved to be highly efficient and cost-effective. By placing the Rumble Bars under each set of wheels, the need for a middle section was eliminated, reducing unnecessary expenses. The narrower profile of the Rumble Bars (170mm compared to the standard 400mm) also enabled better locking of the rear wheels, ensuring enhanced safety for the parking bays.
Continuously striving to add value to our customers, we actively seek new applications for our products while identifying opportunities to help them save costs. Customer satisfaction remains at the core of our endeavours!
PARTNERING WITH THE ROAD SAFETY PROFESSIONALS
At Speed Humps Australia, we’ve spent over twenty years focusing on one thing: to provide one style of product and to do it exceptionally well. We have worked tirelessly to develop specifications that do not fade or deteriorate, are easy to install, and are made from high quality, recycled rubber for minimal environmental impact.
With just a handful of our clients around the nation including KFC, Taco Bell, McDonald’s, Coffee Club, Westfield, Shell, Queensland Government, and numerous local councils and mining operations our rumble bars, speed humps and wheel stops have been purposefully designed to truly go the distance.
As our design and production are all handled in-house and supplied Australia-wide, get in touch with us today to request a quote or discuss how we can help with providing a tailored solution to your unique project requirements.